The BUU-UST Research Internship is a great opportunity for Burapha University students to have increased their educational experience of students, learn the style of studying abroad and exchange activities which will promote the development of awareness and cultural diversity. Interns can apply for a 3 months exchange program during the second semester of April - May - June of each year.
University of Science and Technology (UST) is utilizing 32 Korean government-funded research institutes as its campuses. The education model is unique and enables all of the UST students to participate in Korean national R&D projects as student researchers. Interns can join to interested institute as preferred. All of the UST faculty members are researchers at one of the 32 research institutes. Out of 13000+ PhD-holding researchers, UST invites 1200+ professors to contribute to nurturing next-generation leaders in the field of S&T.
All the requirements to apply for BUU-UST Research Internship Program.
- Currently studying in Undergraduate course Year 3 or 4
Currently studying in Master’s in semester 2
- For Undergraduate course: GPA >= 2.75
- A Portfolio of extracurricular activities (Activity Portfolio)
- English language skills test results one of following
- BUU Test > 45
- TOEIC > 600
- TOEFL > 550 (IBT 50)
- IELTS > 4.5
- CU TEP > 60
- A concept proposal for research and approved by advisor from Burapha University
* Applicants who do not meet the above-mentioned requirements will not be successful candidates for in-depth interview
|1. Announcement of admissions for exchange students||BUU||Dec 1 - 15|
|2. Submit Documents||Intern||Dec 1 - 15|
|3. Document Screening #1 by BUU||BUU, Faculty||Dec 16 – Jan 15|
|4. Document Screening #2 by UST||UST. Korea||Jan 16 – 30|
|5. Interviewing by UST Professor||UST. Korea||Feb 1 - 15|
|6. Announce The results||Feb 16|
|7. Sent acceptance letter to Intern||UST. Korea||Feb 17-28|
|8. Orientation for foreign exchange students||BUU||Mar|
|9. Preparing documents for traveling abroad||Intern||Mar|
|10. Start a semester in Korea||Intern||Apr - June|
The following benefits will be granted when: meet all requirements for completing the internship.
|1. Expenses fee of travel documents||BUU|
|2. Travel fee||UST|
|3. Internship allowance||UST|
|5. Dormitory (based on availability)||UST|
|6. Certificate of internship||UST|
The requirements the meet internship completion.
- Intern need to attend at least 90% days of the internship period based on working days.
Submission of internship reports.
5. List of Majors at UST (as of August 22, 2022)
|1||Weapon Systems Engineering||23||Nuclear Science and Technology|
|2||Polar Science||24||Radiation Science|
|3||Basic Science||25||Radiological & Medico-Oncological Sciences|
|4||Ship and Ocean Engineering||26||Advanced Materials Engineering|
|5||Green Mobility||27||Electric Energy & Materials Engineering|
|6||Human and Environmental Toxicology||28||Science and Technology Management Policy|
|7||Civil & Environmental Engineering||29||Advanced Materials and Device Engineering|
|9||Nanoscience and Technology||31||Information and Communication Engineering|
|10||Division of Bio-Medical Science & Technology||32||Resources Engineering|
|11||Division of Energy & Environment Technology||33||Geological Science|
|12||Data & High-Performance Computing Science||34||Astronomy and Space Science|
|13||Applied AI||35||Transportation System Engineering|
|14||Mechanical Engineering||36||Applied Measurement Science|
|15||Bio-Analytical Science||37||Precision Measurement|
|16||Biotechnology||38||Korean Convergence Medical Science|
|17||Bioscience||39||Aerospace System Engineering|
|19||Convergence Manufacturing System Engineering||41||Plasma and Nuclear Fusion|
|20||Food Biotechnology||42||Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacology|
|21||Energy Engineering||43||Advanced Materials and Chemical Engineering|
|22||Nuclear and Radiation Safety|
6. Application Process
|STEP 1.||Be careful to read this Handbook thoroughly. All the information provided in this Handbook is critical and BUU is not responsible for any consequences that may occur as a result of not studying this Handbook.|
|STEP 2.||• Search a list of UST Program
• Choose 2 Programs that topic and subject areas that best match your field of study and interests.
|STEP 3.||If all your documents are ready for submission, please follow the instruction for application.
1. Prepare all your documents in PDF file.
2. Fix the pdf files name in order:
For instance, if your name is Athita Onuean, ID 65160000, your file of PASSPORT name must be 65160000_Athita_ PASSPORT.pdf
Code for documents are as follows;
1. An application form: APPLICATION
2. A concept of Proposal: PROPOSAL
3. A copy of Passport: PASSPORT (if have)
4. Transcript from enrolled course: TRANSCRIPT
5. English proficiency test score: ENGLISH
6. Activity Portfolio: PORTFOLIO
Now, if all your documents are fully ready in PDF version with correct names, send them to an email at: email@example.com
* BUU will NOT be responsible for any situations that occur as a result of insufficient document submission and/or failure to meet the abovementioned requirement s